Sunday, March 21, 2010

Handpainted Eggs

I have some of the most amazing hand painted eggs from St. Bart's in New York City.  My sister gave them to me as an Easter gift one year. She explained that it was an annual fund raiser. Why do fund raisers in my area always involve almond filled chocolate?  I never seen any devastatingly beautiful Easter eggs for charity here. Oh well, New York is especially unique with its concentration of gifted artists. I am blown away (pardon the pun) by the intricate detail that I have never been able to adequately capture with my point and shoot. 

Every Easter I try to come up with a way to 'showcase' them - usually using long branches and a giant vase.  Last year's attempt was a little pathetic. I will show it here and hopefully update you later in the week with this year's attempt. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them!




By the way, this is my living room before the redecoration began...that will be a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment