Thursday, May 13, 2010

When In Doubt, Craft it Out

My connection is spotty at best so I am going to post a few pictures now and will finish up later.  I did NOT want to be a craft tease - that is just so wrong.

I decided to use scrapbook paper for this particular set of coasters - you can see a selection above.  Tracy suggested cocktail napkins (check back for a link to her tutorial - connection too slow to post right now) and I think those would have worked a bit better because this paper was a little thick and stiff - it was hard to get it sufficiently soaked to 'melt' onto the coaster and so it slipped out of position fairly easily leaving white borders and crooked paper.  You should have seen the ones I gave away ; )


I kept the rejects for myself so please ignore the crooked paper above and the unsightly white border below.  Regardless, here is my morning cup of coffee enjoying a new resting place. Makes me want to write a love letter to a foreign man. Strange.

1 comment:

  1. Clever idea ... they're really cute and would make nice gifts! Recently found your blog and just love it. Please pop on over to my site to receive your Versatile Blogger award!

    http://jayayceeblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete