Monday, May 17, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award!

Versatile Blogger!


I have been very blessed recently to receive the Versatile Blogger Award.


I received it from a new and very fun blogging friend, Jayaycee Blog.


That woman can knit...and she is a witty writer, two of my favorite things in one blog.  She also shares beautiful pictures of Scottsdale, one of the top ten places that I would like to visit in the US.  Maybe I will share the entire list with you someday.  Longevity has its priveleges.  You can learn all kinds of useless information about me if you stick around.
 
With this award comes some duties ... first, I must thank the blogger(s) who honored me. Thanks so much to Jayaycee. You have been a huge encouragement and I am thrilled to be among such great company.
Second, I must tell you 7 things about me ...I warned you earlier in the post that you would learn something about me if you stuck around.  Abandon ship now if you would prefer I be clothed in mystery. 
  1. I have a fear of punctuation.  I am pretty sure I butcher proper punctuation (and grammar) 70% of the time.  The more I research it as an editor (yes, that's my job and I still have a fear of it), the more confused I become.  Can we just go back to the days when there were clear cut grammar and punctuation rules?  I would also like to vote for the return of etiquette.  Good, old fashioned, 'don't wear white to a wedding or a veil to your second wedding' etiquette.
  2. I cannot pick-up, peel, or eat a whole peach. I love the taste of peaches but the fuzz makes my skin crawl.  Just thinking about it now gives me the icks. I decided I was going to get over this so I bought some peaches last Summer to make a dessert but I couldn't do it. They sat there until I emptied the whole bowl into the trashcan because it was too much for me.  I live in Georgia - the Peach State.  Why, oh why can't I eat or touch a stupid peach?
  3. One day a friend said that he wished he had a passion like music. He said musicians eat, sleep, and breathe their passion.  They would rather make music than anything else.  I feel that way about God.  I eat, sleep, and breathe God.  He is all I think about. I love Him so much that I want to tell everyone about Him (just like being in love with a man). I am always asking what He thinks, wants, and why He created things a specific way.  He really does lead and guide my life.  I have no idea how people live without having a relationship with God - He is like air and water to me - necessary.  I am not a religious zealot, I am a woman in love.
  4. If I could have any career, I would be a hair dresser. Unfortunately, I am past the stage when I can quit my job and make no money for five years to become one. If only I had gone with my gut at 18.
  5. I wish there was a philanthropist who would sponsor scholarships for older men and women to go to medical school later in life.  I have met so many people who are passionate, committed, interested, and engaged in healthcare but they developed this interest later in life. Now they are stuck because they are older and have to support a family. I personally would prefer to have these people as my care providers!
  6. I want a real, adult vacation. It has been years since I have had one. I love my family and they are spread out along the Eastern seaboard so I spend most of my vacation time traveling to see them. I am going to make this a priority in the next 18 months....even if it is driving to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!
  7. I love newborn babies.  I have an amazing rock step that puts them right to sleep.  Nothing is better than rocking a newborn baby to sleep and them sleeping like a little tree frog on your chest. Oh how I love wittle babies.
I have one more responsibility as a versatile blogger award winner but it will have to wait until my next post. Too much to do today!  Check back for 15 of my favorite blogs!

2 comments:

  1. You are so welcome ... love your blog! Hopefully, they have other things besides peaches that you can enjoy. I have regular conversations with God like he's sitting next to me. It works! Nothing better than smelling baby neck! Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didn't know you had the rocksteady rockstep for babies..
    I am going to bring the ds#3 over more often!

    ReplyDelete