Thursday, April 29, 2010

Say What?!

Peonies are my favorite flowers - hands down winner.  It is so rare that I get them because they are available for a super short season.  My best friend knows that these are my favorite flowers (or she should if she doesn't).  I was playing with her girls in the backyard and what did I see? 


This is just one of two peony bushes in her yard.  Say what?!  She has dozens of them about to bloom and she shared that you can cut a peony before it blooms, put it in the fridge and then put it in water up to two weeks later and it will still bloom.  Again, say what?! 

She has had this gorgeousness in the backyard for THREE YEARS and I have never received one stinkin' peony.  I gots issues with this.  Big issues.  Ok, not really much of an issue but I feel a little like a woman from the depression finding out her friend was stashing sugar for a birthday cake she wouldn't get a piece of someday.  I'm just sayin'.

Well, I have a key and I am not afraid to use it.  I accidentally typed 'lose it' - oops, bad slip. No, use it to swipe some peonies leaving nothing but a bare bush in my wake.  Well, ok, not a bare peoony bush but one about a dozen buds short.  Ahhh....the trials of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment